Sunday, September 11, 2011

Slow Cooked Asian Pork Chops

I'm back! ... kind of. School started up, marching band is in full swing, and my turtle is very high maintenance. I'm sure you understand.

Anyhow, with life being so crazy I am all about food that is really easy to make and delicious. I'm just starting to learn how to use my crock pot and let me tell you I am starting to think it may be one of the best inventions ever. With 6 hours, a couple of pork chops, and a few other ingredients you can make THE MOST DELICIOUS PORK CHOPS EVER*.

*may be slightly over exaggerated, but they're damn good.

Slow Cooked Asian Pork Chops
serves 4
prep time: 10 minutes. Even if you've never cooked before and you're doing this in the dark.
cook time: 6 hours
eating time: 20 minutes



Ingredients:
4 boneless pork chops
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
2 cloves garlic, crushed
salt and pepper

the best part? THERE IS ONLY ONE STEP TO FOLLOW.

1. Combine everything but the pork chops in the crock pot. Stir them together, then add the pork chops and cook on LOW for 6-ish hours.

BOOM. DONE.

Once they're done, you'll notice there is still quite a bit of that amazing, delicious sauce on the bottom. Cook up some rice and put just a tablespoon or 2 of the sauce in the rice and give it a good stir. CONGRATULATIONS YOU JUST TIED YOUR MEAL TOGETHER. Put some rice on the bottom, put the chops over it, and put a sprig of rosemary or chop a couple of scallions over the top. It's fabulous.

Just for fun, here's a picture of my turtle. HAPPY COOKING! :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment