Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tacos!

My adventure this weekend - making delicious tacos from scratch!

Tortillas are way easier to make than I ever imagined. With the always lovely Julia rolling out the tortillas and shredding her heart out with chicken, the meal was fun to make, fun to eat, and delicious.

Handmade tortillas (you can clearly tell by the shape...), brined and seasoned shredded chicken, purple cabbage and radish ribbons tossed with crema mexicana, and queso fresco crumbled over the top all brought together with a squeeze of lime juice. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I almost had to restrain myself to keep from eating until I fell in to a taco haze.

Something fresh, something fatty, something spicy, something with acid, all on a fun tortilla that was made minutes before we ate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment